Monday, December 22, 2008

#24 - Finito!

Wow, what a whirlwind merry-go-round my NVDPL Playground has been! I've always been a last-minute, do-it-all-at-once person - I wrote all my university papers the night before they were due - and doing the 24 things was no exception. I dunno, I just work better with a deadline, even if it's self-imposed.

Anyway, this has been really fun. I consider myself quite a web savvy person, so I had done quite a few of these things already, but there were some that I hadn't too, like De.licio.us and Technorati. There are definitely some things that I will return to after getting a taste of them here - audiobooks on Library To Go and especially LibraryThing. I want to build my virtual library!

I liked that some of the NVDPL Playground "things" are pure fun - like the image generator. Playing is how we learn!

All of these things add to the richness of experiencing and working in a library - and all the treasures it has to offer.

I would definitely participate again if we did NVDPL Playground - The Sequel.

No comments: